WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP):Three-time winners Manchester United crashed out of the Champions League yesterday losing 3-2 to Wolfsburg who advanced to the round of 16 for the first time.Anthony Martial put United ahead in the 10th, but Naldo volleyed in the equaliser in the 14th. Vieirinha regained the lead for Wolfsburg in the 29th, before an own goal by Joshua Guilavogui in the 82nd tied the score. But two minutes later, Naldo scored his second with a header to seal Wolfsburg’s victory.The loss, coupled with PSV Eindhoven’s 2-1 home victory over CSKA Moscow, dropped United to third place in Group B, meaning that they will now play in the Europa League.Wolfsburg won the group with 12 points and PSV also advanced with 10 points, two more than United.Manchester United’s neighbours, Manchester, advanced as winners of their group with a 4-2 win over Borussia Moenchengladbach.Raheem Sterling netted in the 80th and 81st minutes and Wilfried Bony scored in the 85th to spark City’s turnaround after a listless first-half performance at Etihad Stadium, where ‘Gladbach recovered from conceding early to David Silva.To qualify in first place, City also needed Juventus to lose in Sevilla. The Italian champions obliged for City, losing 1-0 in Group D.8-0 BEATING FOR MALMOIn Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo became the first player to score 10 goals or more in the group stage of the Champions League, claiming four. Real Madrid whipped Malmo 8-0.The Portuguese striker reached 11 goals in six games, surpassing nine scored by Luiz Adriano with Shakhtar Donetsk last season. Ronaldo also scored nine times in the 2013-14 season.Ronaldo also set up two goals by Karim Benzema, who scored a hat-trick at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.The game meant little for Madrid because they had already secured first place in Group A.Other results: Benfica 1 Atletico Madrid 2; Paris Saint-Germain 2 Shakhtar Donetsk 0; Galatasaray 1 FC Astana 1; PSV Eindhoven 2 CSKA Moscow 1.
In light of an article that was published in Guyana Times on June 19, 2018, under the caption, “Teen allegedly molested by CC&PA Office”, Director of the Child Care and Protection Agency, Ann Greene, vehemently denied that an officer of the Agency was the perpetrator.CC&PA Director Ann GreeneDuring a telephone conversation with Guyana Times on Tuesday, Greene explained the officer who was implicated in the matter is the one conducting the investigation. She could not release information on the perpetrator but is adamant that her officer is not involved.The mother of the child however, is attached to another department within the Social Protection Ministry.She explained that an investigation was launched into the matter the moment it was reported to the officers at the CC&PA. She further stated that investigations have been completed and handed over to the Police for further investigation.“As we speak, the files is with the Police who will have to send same to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) who will determine the way forward…,” she explained.However, she reprimanded Guyana Times for the “erroneous” and “misleading” article and more so threatened to take legal actions. She is of the belief that such articles put a damper on the work of the Agency.“We have been working around the clock in making sure children who were abused are protected and we will continue to make sure that is done…I am disappointed in the article…,” she related.With respect to the complainant, she explained that the CC&PA officers would have met with and updated them on the issue.The 13-year-old victim has reportedly told relatives of the instances when she had been molested by her mother’s lover, but was ignored after he denied the accusations when confronted.The teen continued to complain to relatives that the man would constantly attack her, but she was on several occasions forced to remain silent.An aunt explained that her niece confided in her school teacher, who later reported the matter to a family member.“When she told her mother, (her mother) ignored her and tells her to stop lying, so she felt frustrated and depressed and wanted to kill herself. One day she decided to call her father (my brother) and tell him what was happening, and he give me the phone because he couldn’t deal with it”.The woman said the following day she visited the CC&PA to file a report, but was later told that she has to file it in the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred.Following the allegation being reported, the Form Two student was examined by a doctor, and it was confirmed that she had been sexually violated.The aunt claimed that several weeks have elapsed since the matter was reported, and nothing has been done.The teenager is visibly traumatised; and according to the aunt, the teen is suicidal, since she blames herself for what had happened.