About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd legend Neville: Pogba danced on Mourinho’s graveby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United legend Gary Neville says Paul Pogba was “dancing on the grave” of Jose Mourinho yesterday.Pogba posted to his social media channels a photo of himself smirking shortly after the announcement of Mourinho’s departure from Old Trafford.Adidas claimed the promotional post was booked in advance, but Neville isn’t buying their excuse.”Manchester United are a better team with Paul Pogba in it,” Neville told Sky Sports.”That’s the first thing to say – he has huge talent, I actually have belief in him as a player. I actually liked him when he was at the club as a player as a kid, it’s not a personal thing.”Paul Pogba, there is no doubt, has fallen out with the manager. He doesn’t believe in him, he doesn’t like him, he doesn’t think he’s a good coach probably, and vice-versa.”Jose Mourinho doesn’t think Paul Pogba is as good a player as he thinks he is. There’s been a complete breakdown in the last six months between the pair of them, probably [over the last] year.”I do believe that dancing on the grave of the manager who has just been sacked is out of order.”Jose Mourinho lost his job and Paul Pogba and his people put that Instagram post out – don’t fall for this coincidence scheduled tweet nonsense, it’s garbage, absolute garbage.”
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Everton fullback Digne delighted with Burnley reactionby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton fullback Lucas Digne says the club were grateful to respond quickly after a heavy defeat to Tottenham Hotspur before Christmas. The Toffees responded to the 6-2 defeat on Sunday by demolishing Burnley.Marco Silva’s men embarrassed the Clarets 5-1 at Turf Moor and Digne, who scored twice in the match, was delighted with the character shown by his teammates.”We needed to react and we reacted very well,” said Digne. “Sunday was a bad day and we needed to prove we could react very fast. We had the opportunity today and it was fantastic. “We needed to start very well. After 30 minutes, to be 3-0 up was great. But at 3-1 we can still let them back into the game but we reacted very well and got the fourth and fifth goals.”It was an important victory for the fans and the Club, too. “The last four years [at PSG, Barcelona and Roma] I’ve had five days or one week off [at this time of year] but I prefer to play in front of the fans and in front of my family. It’s perfect for Christmas.”
REVEALED: Valencia made offer to Mourinhoby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho was approached by Valencia earlier this month.Before the appointment of Albert Celades – after the sacking of Marcelino – Mourinho is being discussed inside the club’s boardroom.Superdeporte says VCF owner Peter Lim would have made an attempt for Mourinho. Before formalising the dismissal of Marcelino on September 11, Lim put in a call to the ex-Real Madrid coach. But no agreement was found, despite the good relations between the two. The Valencians were also interested in Leonardo Jardim, a former VCF coach, who is in trouble at AS Monaco. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Tottenham legend Waddle: Pochettino must fix back fourby Paul Vegas14 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham Hotspur legend Chris Waddle says Mauricio Pochettino must start by fixing his defence if he wants to turn around their poor run of form.Pochettino has been thrown under pressure after Spurs’ terrible start to the season, which has seen them win 3 games from 11 matches across all competitions.Speaking to racingpost.com, Waddle said: “Tottenham have the best training ground in the country and probably the best stadium in the world, it’s certainly the best I’ve ever been to. Everything is geared towards success. But success is determined on the pitch.”There are key players who will soon be out of contract. You don’t see that with Liverpool or Manchester City. Big clubs nail down long-term deals for their best players.”Looking at the back four, Serge Aurier wanted to leave but they kept him and got rid of Kieran Trippier, who didn’t want to leave. Toby Alderweireld is out of contract, Jan Vertonghen wants a new deal and defence is a weakness for Spurs. It doesn’t help that they play very high.”Alli was poor last season and Lucas Moura is a hit-and-miss player. Christian Eriksen is running down his contract and should never have been allowed to get in that position.”The Champions League and new stadium should have been a stepping stone but Spurs have lost confidence and shape – the system which was working before isn’t now. Playing against them at the moment is very easy.”For what Mauricio Pochettino has done at the club, he has to be given time. The club must sit him down and ask him what he needs.”If it means signing five players then that’s what it takes. If it means playing on the counter-attack against big teams then so be it. They can’t keep playing so high or they’ll be carved apart. Tottenham need to finish in the top four – it’s as simple as that.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
zoomImage Courtesy: SunStone Miami-based expedition vessel provider SunStone Ships has inked an agreement with China Merchants Industry Holdings for the construction of a third Infinity-class expedition ship.To be named Ocean Victory, the newbuild is scheduled for delivery in March 2021.SunStone has also signed a long-term time charter contract for the Ocean Victory. The vessel will be technically managed by Cruise Management International, Miami.Ulstein Design and Solution has designed the vessel from a technical point of view and is responsible for the delivery of the technical equipment package, supervising the technical construction of the vessel, according to SunStone.Once completed, the 200-passenger expedition ship will feature a length of 104.4 meters and a width of 18.4 meters.The first Infinity-class ship, named the Greg Mortimer, is scheduled for delivery in August 2019 and goes on charter to Aurora Cruises, Australia.“We are pleased with the rapid adoption of the Infinity-class vessels. It seems our European design & technology, combined with lower overall operating costs ticks all the boxes for the small and expedition-ship market,” Niels-Erik Lund, SunStone’s President & CEO, commented.
Ohio State sophomore guard C.J. Jackson (3) and junior forward Jae’Sean Tate walk down the floor in the second half against Northwestern on Jan. 22 at the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Jacob Myers | Assistant Sports EditorWhen Ohio State (13-8, 3-5 Big Ten) began conference play 0-4, it appeared the Buckeyes would be left in the dust as the rest of the conference would separate themselves from the pack. However, for some, it’s more difficult to leave the nest than it is for others.The current state of the Big Ten has nine teams separated by just one game from fifth place to 13th. OSU is one of six teams at 3-5 and a game behind three teams at 4-4. Coach Thad Matta said he hasn’t been paying close attention.“I’m more just like, ‘let’s just keep winning basketball games,’” he said. “In the end, I am aware of this, that (Saturday’s) game turns the halfway point. I think that there’s still so much that has to be done, but I guess that there is a log jam or whatever. But we’ll see how it plays out.”Whether he realizes the traffic in the heart of the Big Ten standings or not, Matta is well aware the Buckeyes can’t afford a stumble on the road against the Iowa Hawkeyes (11-10, 3-5 Big Ten) who are also fighting for relevance in the arduous Big Ten. The Buckeyes have done themselves a favor by beating Michigan State and, most recently, Minnesota at home — two teams currently projected in the NCAA tournament according to ESPN’s Joe Lunardi. Three weeks ago, OSU looked totally overmatched against conference competition, giving reason to believe that the season could be the worst finish in the Big Ten in Matta’s tenure. Since then, OSU has gone 3-1 against three teams who are in strong consideration for at-large bids come March.But what was absent in all of that talk was the fact that two of OSU’s five conference losses have come by a combined total of three points and the team has played through the third-toughest Big Ten schedule to date. That’s just a couple reasons why Matta has been telling the players that the season isn’t over and there’s still plenty to play for after what was a bleak beginning.“You know, we’re not out of this yet,” junior forward Jae’Sean Tate said. “It’s a tight race. Anything can happen. We just got to go out there every game we play and try to win and the rest will take care of itself.”Iowa is eerily similar to OSU thus far. The Hawkeyes have the second toughest conference strength of schedule, behind Illinois, and have performed well at home, but poorly on the road. All three conference wins for coach Fran McCaffery have come at Carver-Hawkeye Arena, including a victory over then-No. 17 Purdue. Like Iowa, the Buckeyes haven’t performed well away from home. OSU is shooting roughly 44 percent from the field on the road compared to better than 47 percent on its home floor. Likewise, Iowa is six percent worse shooting away from home. The Buckeyes and Hawkeyes also have both been blown out on the road to two teams at the top of the conference — Wisconsin and Northwestern, respectively.The Buckeyes have struggled with performing well from the tip on the road. Against Minnesota, OSU led by as much as 17 in the first half, which is the opposite of what usually happens away from Columbus. OSU has seen first-half deficits of 18 at Minnesota, 18 at Wisconsin and 12 at Nebraska.“I don’t know why that is,” freshman forward Andre Wesson said. “We definitely got to fix that because that definitely can’t happen again. We got to continue to do what we did, just build on what we did against Minnesota.”Regardless of the trend so far this season, OSU has to break its spell and find a way to capture a win at Iowa to avoid falling behind the ball in the Big Ten.“Where we’re at right now, our room for error is very tight,” Tate said. “Going in there and we’re going to give it the best we got and build on this last game.”
Ohio State then-junior forward Mason Jobst (26) attempts to evade a Badger defender in the first period of the game against Wisconsin on Feb. 23 in the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Managing Editor for DesignNo. 1 Ohio State men’s hockey scored in the final minutes of the game against UMass to win their first home game of the season by a score of 3-1.Coming off a 6-3 Friday night loss to the Minutemen in their home opener, head coach Steve Rohlik said the Buckeyes were looking to respond to the loss and play like the No. 1 team in the nation to earn their first home win of the season.“I like our group and our room. We’ve got a great culture,” Rohlik said. “It was a good response. You don’t like losing, and certainly don’t want to lose two in a row, so it was a good response for our guys tonight.”The teams traded goals early, with a goal by UMass sophomore forward Mitchell Chaffee being followed up only 13 seconds later by Ohio State junior forward Tanner Laczynski’s first goal of the season. Laczynski’s goal was assisted by junior forward Ronnie Hein and sophomore defenseman Grant Gabriele, his first point of the season.After these goals, however, a scoring drought developed, as neither team scored for the next 51 minutes of game time. Both teams had two power play opportunities during the game that were killed, and had multiple open shots that went off the post or wide of the net.Ohio State sophomore goalie Tommy Nappier allowed one goal and had 35 saves, tied for a career-high, and has only allowed one goal through two games this season.UMass freshman goaltender Filip Lindberg contributed to the Buckeyes woes on offense for most of the game, only allowing two goals and saving 36 shots for the Minutemen.The tie was finally broken with Lacyznski’s second goal of the game, assisted by redshirt junior defenseman Wyatt Ege with less than two minutes remaining in the game. “Last night we came out, we played hard first couple shifts, but then, you know, we were just flat the rest of the game it felt like,” junior forward Tanner Laczynski said. “It was good today, I thought we came out hard, put the pressure on them, and I thought we were consistent the whole night.”Ohio State outshot the Minutemen 39-36 on the night. Senior forward Mason Jobst added an additional goal in the empty UMass net with less than a minute left to make the final score 3-1.The Buckeyes will remain home for their series-opening game against Bowling Green next Friday at 7:00 p.m. and will travel to Bowling Green for their game Saturday at 7:07 p.m.
Recommended for you Dames is first Hospitality Hero Related Items:anya williams, ports authority, stevedoring DEPUTY GOVERNOR SPEAKS OF STREAMLINING GOVERNMENT SERVICES. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI European Union money could be lost due to UK referendum on membership Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales- The Ports Authority seeing some movement in two areas… one, the cost of importing goods to the Turks and Caicos to increase; this from Cabinet which this week agreed to sanction, retroactively a 2.54% increase in stevedoring fees. Acting Governor Anya Williams, who chaired Cabinet was asked to approve changes to make the hike to load and unload ships at the docks more expensive; that change taking effect September 1st which was last week Monday. And secondly, some positivity on a request to introduce scanners at the docks. It was a proposal by the Ports Authority to improve security of containers coming in and going out; Cabinet likes the idea of scanning and a subsequent presentation is expected.
Senator Peter Micciche (R-K-Pen): “HB 49 is headed for the governor’s desk, and he has told me it far exceeds his expectations. Through HB 49 we are prioritizing public safety, protecting Alaskans, and the law abiding first.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Legislature on Tuesday voted to repeal and replace Senate Bill 91, strengthen the state’s sex crime laws, and provide police and prosecutors with new tools to fight crime. House Bill 49 is the product of a compromise reached by a House-Senate conference committee that repeals the harmful portions of Senate Bill 91 and takes crucial steps to improve public safety. House Bill 49 passed the Senate 18-0 and the House 36-2, for a combined vote of 54-2. The bill is now on its way to Governor Mike Dunleavy’s desk for his signature. The governor posted to Facebook shortly following the vote: “I am pleased that the Senate today joined the House in passing House Bill 49 – this legislation repeals the failed SB 91 and replaces it with common sense crime laws that all Alaskans can trust. During my State of the State I urged legislators to join me in making public safety a priority, and with the passage of HB 49 we have done just that. Thanks to the actions of Legislators and my public safety team we are turning the corner to a safer tomorrow.” The crime package is seen as a further rollback of a 2016 criminal justice overhaul that could swell the state prison population and lead to the re-opening of the prison in Palmer.