Pinterest By News Highland – April 24, 2013 A vote on the remuneration package for Bank of Ireland chief Richie Boucher will take place this evening at the bank’s AGM.Mr Boucher was paid more than 840-thousand euro last year, despite the bank suffering losses of more than 2 billion.In the Dail earlier the Taoiseach said he expects bank chiefs to take a significant cut when they respond to government calls on them to reduce their cost base by between 6 and 10 percent.However Finance Minister Michael Noonan is to abstain from voting on Mr. Boucher’s pay package at today’s Annual General Meeting.Our Business Editor Ian Guider is at the AGM and says there is intense anger on the issue among the smaller shareholders.”The small shareholders, they don’t have as much a say as the big pension funds of these big investors – and even the government’s 15 percent stake wouldn’t be enough to block Richie Boucher” he said.”It would also cause a row with the bank – they have supported them through and through the last couple of years, so they’re not going to give them a bloody nose over this”.”It was just a needless row; and you kind of wonder – the shareholders here – are they just being led around the garden path here because the bank already has the votes in, they know exactly how it’s going to go” he added. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Vote expected on Richie Boucher remuneration News Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Twitter Facebook Google+ WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Previous articleMinster says uptake of Communion allowance in Donegal was very lowNext articleTaoiseach raises prospect of public service job looses News Highland Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Facebook Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The 30th Ohio Beef Expo is underway and will run through Sunday. The Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins visited with Ohio Cattlemen’s Association Executive Director Elizabeth Harsh about all of the activities filling the 3-day event at The Ohio Expo Center in Columbus.
ReadWrite Sponsors Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Tags:#Events Guide#web We’re always on the lookout for upcoming Web tech events from around world. Know of something taking place that should appear here? Want to get your event included in the calendar? Let us know in the comments below or email us. A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Related Posts 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd legend Neville: Pogba danced on Mourinho’s graveby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United legend Gary Neville says Paul Pogba was “dancing on the grave” of Jose Mourinho yesterday.Pogba posted to his social media channels a photo of himself smirking shortly after the announcement of Mourinho’s departure from Old Trafford.Adidas claimed the promotional post was booked in advance, but Neville isn’t buying their excuse.”Manchester United are a better team with Paul Pogba in it,” Neville told Sky Sports.”That’s the first thing to say – he has huge talent, I actually have belief in him as a player. I actually liked him when he was at the club as a player as a kid, it’s not a personal thing.”Paul Pogba, there is no doubt, has fallen out with the manager. He doesn’t believe in him, he doesn’t like him, he doesn’t think he’s a good coach probably, and vice-versa.”Jose Mourinho doesn’t think Paul Pogba is as good a player as he thinks he is. There’s been a complete breakdown in the last six months between the pair of them, probably [over the last] year.”I do believe that dancing on the grave of the manager who has just been sacked is out of order.”Jose Mourinho lost his job and Paul Pogba and his people put that Instagram post out – don’t fall for this coincidence scheduled tweet nonsense, it’s garbage, absolute garbage.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Liverpool boss Klopp blocks Origi saleby Freddie Taylor9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJurgen Klopp has blocked Divock Origi’s departure from Liverpool. The Belgian striker is wanted by Wolves, West Ham and Fulham.However, following Dominic Solanke’s transfer to Bournemouth, Klopp is not keen on losing any more of his attacking options, according to the Liverpool Echo.Liverpool had been open to selling the 23-year-old, who they value at £20million.Origi has scored 23 goals in 81 appearances for the Merseyside club.
Chelsea boss Lampard tells Pulisic to fight for placeby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Frank Lampard has told Christian Pulisic to fight for his place.Some in the USA have accused the Chelsea boss of favouritism because he is picking young English players ahead of the big-money signing from Pennsylvania.But Lampard said: “This is one of my difficult problems in this job, that I have good players and everyone has a story.“Christian Pulisic has a price-tag, Ross Barkley is an international player, Mason Mount is an international player.“Callum Hudson-Odoi has just signed a new contract, Bayern Munich wanted to buy him last summer, he is an international player.“Ruben Loftus-Cheek will come back and be an international player — and I can’t pick them all in the game, unfortunately.“All I have to demand of them is that they show me in training or show me in the game when they get the chances to play that they are worthy of their place.“That’s not to make me sound like a hard taskmaster, that’s just a brutal reality of my job. Next week I might be asked about two other names.”Lampard gave the USA international a chance against Grimsby in the Carabao Cup — and the implication is that he did not take it.Boss Lamps said: “I spoke to him two days before the Grimsby game and was very clear about the standards.“And we have to give him the fact he has moved country, moved leagues and is as young as all the young players we keep talking about. He has just turned 21.“What he needs to do is work daily and work to show within the group that he deserves to play.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Juventus veteran Mandzukic slashes terms to make Man Utd moveby Paul Vegas2 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus veteran Mario Mandzukic has slashed his £300,000-a-week wage demands in half.Mandzukic is wanted by Manchester United in a £10million January deal, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer desperate for a striker, says The Sun.The 33-year-old was on the brink of an Old Trafford switch in the summer, but it collapsed over his salary.But Mandzukic wants to move to United, and will now take around £150,000-a-week to make that happen.The Croatian ace also has offers from Qatar, which he is happy to reject in favour of the Premier League.An Old Trafford source said: “His reps have been in contact and are willing to change their demands.”There will be other bonuses factored into the deal. It looks like one that could get done now.”Ole has long been an admirer of him and he is someone we have wanted for a number of years.”His experience could prove vital for the younger players in the squad. He is also a proven goalscorer.”